NOW MICROWAVABLE! Everyone in Philly knows we’ve perfected the cheesesteak. What most don’t know, is that we’ve now perfected it to such a level that all you need to do is stick it in the microwave or conventional oven for a few minutes to experience Tony Luke’s quality at home – whether your home is in South Philly, or South Dakota. Our sandwich was engineered to be cooked while WRAPPED! That’s right COOK IT IN THE WRAPPER. LEAVE IT IN THE WRAPPER until you’re ready to eat!
Our secret to perfecting Tony Luke’s Oven Ready Cheesesteaks is using high quality ingredients and preparing them with state-of-the art methods that ensure they arrive at your door the same way they left our kitchen! This is why we ONLY use American Cheese and do NOT add fried onions or peppers. Scroll below to check out videos of Tony Luke Jr. explaining the process as well as his tips on making your own onions and peppers at home.
The same high quality rib-eye and chicken breast, covered in creamy American cheese, on the same rolls, wrapped and ready to heat & eat. Tony Luke Jr. himself can barely taste the difference.
USE & CARE
Cheesesteaks are made to order, frozen and shipped with ice packs. They arrive ready to serve
They can be stored in the fridge for 5 days
To serve, follow the reheating instructions below. For microwave, sandwiches should be cooked as is (frozen). For conventional oven allow sandwiches to thaw for 24 hours in the refrigerator before reheating. Detailed instructions are also included in every package
Tony Luke’s does not recommend refreezing the cheesesteak, but if needed, it can be kept frozen for up to 3 months
Must be used within 3 days once thawed.
- Place frozen sandwich directly into microwave oven.
- Cook on high for 1 minute and 20 seconds. Flip sandwich over and heat for another minute and 20 seconds
- Allow it to stand for 1 minute. Unwrap sandwich carefully and serve. Steam from sandwich may cause burns
Conventional Oven Method
- Allow sandwiches to thaw in the refrigerator for 24 hours before reheating
- Place wrapped sandwiches on a foil lined baking sheet and heat in a 375℉ preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 160℉
- Unwrap sandwiches carefully and serve. Steam from sandwich may cause burns
TONY LUKE JR’S PRO TIPS
Why We Only Use American Cheese
How to Make Your Own Fried Onions at Home
How to Make Your Own Sweet Peppers at Home